Important Phone Numbers and Locations
- Zaleski & Horvath MarketCafe, 1323 E. 57th Street (between Kimbark and Kenwood), “Probably best sandwiches in Hyde Park. Also, offer an excellent Mexican night on Friday and Saturday evenings.”
- Medici on 57th, 1327 E. 57th Street (between Kimbark and Kenwood).
- Noodles, Etc., 1333 E. 57th Street (corner of Kenwood)
- Bergstein's NY Delicatessen, 1160 E 55th Street (between Woodlawn and University)
- Nile Restaurant, 1162 E 55th Street (between Woodlawn and University)
- UChicago Dining Summer Hours (PDF)
- Press Café, 1427 E. 60th Street (between Dorchester and the Metra Line, very near TTIC)
- Law School Café, 1111 E. 60th Street (between Woodlawn and Ellis, in Law School)
- Arley D. Cathey Dining Commons, 6025 S. Ellis Avenue (behind the Burton-Judson Dormitory at the corner of 60th)
- Midway Market, 6031 S. Ellis Avenue (in the South Campus Residence Hall, behind Burton-Judson)
- Cafe Logan, 915 E. 60th Street (between Ingleside and Drexel, in the Logan Center for the Arts)
- Stuart Café, 5835 S. Greenwood Avenue (basement of Stuart Hall, off the Harper Quadrangle across from Ryerson)
- Einstein Bros. Bagels, 5706 S. University Avenue (in Reynolds Club, corner of 57th, next door to Hutchison Commons)
- Hutchinson Commons, 5706 S. University Avenue (in Reynolds Club, corner of 57th)
- Ex Libris Student Run Café, Regenstein Library, first floor.
- Barnes and Noble Bookstore Café, 970 E 58th Street (Ellis, University Bookstore)
- Plein Air Cafe, 5751 S. Woodlawn Avenue (just north of the Robie House on 58th Street). “Usual cafe fair. Excellent coffee. Perhaps, the highest quality food in Hyde Park however it is quite expensive.”
- Grounds of Being, 1025 E 58th St (Swift Hall/Divinity School Basement). “Lunches, Lattes.”
- Barnes & Noble Bookstore Café, 970 East 58th Street (Ellis, University Bookstore). “Not a real Starbucks.”
- Regenstein Library, 1100 East 57th Street (between Ellis and University). It's worth a visit to Mansueto Library (a new robotic library), which is accessed from Regenstein.
- Crerar Library, 5730 South Ellis Avenue (between 57th and 58th, behind Hinds)